If you need a specialist, independent mental health opinion, no other organisation can provide the range of experts that Psychiatry-UK can. We are the UK’s only national CQC registered tele-psychiatry service. One call can quickly match you with the right expert to meet your medico-legal needs.
With a large number of practicing mental health professionals we can support you with a comprehensive, independent mental health review or medico-legal report for a wide range of proceedings.
We cover the following areas:
- Criminal Justice
- Independent Mental Health Review Tribunals
- Parole Board Applications
- Fitness to Plead
- Capacity Issues
- Personal Injury
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Civil Law
- Child Care and Family proceedings
We support a wide range of clients:
- Police Forces
- General Practitioners
- The Crown Prosecution Service
- Other healthcare providers
We offer up-to-date expertise
All of our psychiatrists are GMC registered specialist doctors who work in both the NHS and the private sector. We are registered with the Care Quality Commission and you can find us on NHS Choices
Cost effective service
- Rapid Access to UK Registered consultant psychiatrists
- Secure and confidential video conference appointments at short notice – no special equipment required
- The most discreet, convenient and economic way to access private psychiatric consultation
- There is no cheaper, faster or more convenient way to access a private psychiatrist
We are quick to respond:
Please email the chamber to discuss our current hourly rates for medico-legal work or call our dedicated enquiries team on 0330 113 7365.
We will, of course, supply you with written estimates for any work we agree to undertake. In order to speed up the process please complete and return this document
Our psychiatrists include a number of doctors with considerable experience of working in the medico-legal field. That experience extends as far as appearing as expert witnesses in a number of high profile trials. When it comes to the stress of cross examination, there is nothing like the confidence of experience, based on the knowledge of thorough preparation.
We understand that consistency and reliability is often a problem for Solicitors seeking medical opinions.
Because we have more than one member who can take on medico-legal work, we are confident that we can supply you with an extremely high quality report or opinion, even at short notice.
We are happy to supply you with anonymised sample reports and more comprehensive details of the CVs of our medico-legal experts, should you require them.