Your Right to Choose Psychiatry-UK for adult ADHD NHS treatment in England
If you are registered with a GP surgery in England and you are referred by a GP to a consultant or specialist in mental health, you have the legal right to choose the organisation (qualified provider) to whom you are referred, as long as that organisation is providing that service in another part of England.
As we have NHS contracts to provide adult ADHD diagnosis and treatment services with a number of Clinical Commissioning Group in England, we fulfil the criteria to be a qualified provider under that NHS Right to Choose, so as long as your GP will make a referral to us, we will be able to get your ADHD treatment paid for by the NHS.
Why choose Psychiatry-UK?
● We are online, so our services are convenient and discreet;
● We provide a speedy service which means patients can get a diagnosis in weeks rather than months;
● We are registered with the CQC;
● We are a GMC regulated designated body for doctors;
● We are the largest (and most economic) provider of neurodevelopmental assessment services in the UK, seeing over 250 patients every month;
● We have over 50 consultant psychiatrists, so you can choose which doctor you see;
● We are a qualified NHS provider.
How can I exercise my Right to Choose?
If you would like to be referred to Psychiatry-UK for your treatment for adult ADHD, you need to get your GP to make a referral to us. You are welcome to download a copy of this letter, fill in the relevant information about yourself, and take it to your GP. They will then need to write to us at:
Alternatively, ask your GP to email the referral to us on our professionals only address: email@example.com
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR GP PROVIDES US WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS SO THAT WE CAN CONTACT YOU TO PROGRESS YOUR DIAGNOSIS.
Once we receive that referral from your GP, we will invoice your local Clinical Commissioning Group for your initial consultation. They may take some time to agree to pay, but we will eventually be able to get them to agree as they have a legal obligation to do so.
As soon as they confirm to us that they have agreed to pay, we will contact you to arrange an appointment for you to see one of our ADHD consultants and you will be able to start to receive treatment from us.