- You can either make a booking online if you know what you want to discuss and which psychiatrist you would like to book an appointment with. Otherwise you can call our trained advisors who can help guide you through the process and arrange your booking.
- As a general rule, a full initial one hour assessment including a report will cost £300.00. Payment in full is required at the time of booking so please have your card ready when you make a booking via the website or when you call to book. There will be an additional charge if you require a prescription and medication or if your appointment runs over the hour. In some cases, we can offer telephone advice consultations for relatives and carers. A thirty minute phone call with the consultant will cost £100. Please see our schedule of fees for further information, under the ‘Our Fees‘ section.
- Before the appointment is due we will send you a confirmation email with a link from which you will be able to access the consultation room at the appointed time from your internet enabled computer, phone or tablet. You will need to ensure your device has an operating camera and microphone (you may also use headphones to listen although this is not mandatory). Other than that, there are no special system requirements apart from ensuring you are operating on the latest version of Google Chrome or Firefox for the link to work.
- Your assessment letter will be prepared within a few days of your assessment and sent to you within five working days. If you have agreed to have a review appointment in the future, our support team will contact you nearer the time to arrange this.
Our consultant psychiatrists are all registered specialists in their fields and cover a range of child, adolescent, adult and older adult conditions. Many of our patients suffer from:
- Anger management issues
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Bipolar Disorder
- Addictions problems – (drugs/alcohol)
- Eating disorders
- Peri-natal mental health issues
- Personality disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Self harming
- Self esteem issues
- Suicidal thoughts
- SAD Syndrome
We can help with all of these – and many more – just tell us what is worrying you when you contact us.
If you are an adult, an initial consultation takes an hour and costs £300.00. This is payable, in advance, by debit or credit card* or via Paypal*. As well as the one hour assessment, you will also get a letter setting out an opinion, diagnosis, suggested treatment plan, for you, or anyone else you want it sent to such as your GP This is by far the most economic way of accessing a private consultant psychiatrist for treatment and can be done within days. If the consultation takes longer or you require other services such as a private prescription, you will be invoiced for the balance after your appointment. More information can be found under the Our Fees section of the website.
*A £3.00 additional fee is charge if you want to pay by Credit Card or Paypal. Debit Cards are free.
At Psychiatry-UK you will have a full range of specialist consultant psychiatrists, all experts in their fields and with their own areas of special interest.
Unlike many other areas of medicine, psychiatrists do not need to physically examine a patient as talking, listening and vision, rather than touch, are required. As a result, being able to speak to a psychiatrist through video conferencing is ideal – you not only get to see a psychiatrist faster but you also get to see the most appropriate specialist for you, although they may be many hundreds of miles away.
At Psychiatry-UK LLP we believe that patients should see the consultant first and have the most effective treatment prescribed from the beginning. Psychiatrists are medically trained and can therefore prescribe medication so we provide an online prescription service as well as providing access to a full range of accredited and supervised tele-therapy services through the same secure online portal. This cuts down on time wasted whilst patients needlessly suffer through not having rapid access to the most appropriate treatment.
As doctors they all take their responsibilities with regard to confidentiality particularly seriously. You can talk to our psychiatrists about anything and remain absolutely secure in the knowledge that, as long as you’re not intending to harm yourself or others it will remain confidential.
No. Providing you have a computer, tablet or phone with access to the internet which has a webcam (either internal or external) and a microphone then you will be able to attend a consultation. Most up to date computers and laptops will already have a camera and microphone installed. The only other special instruction will be for you to ensure you are running the newest version of Google Chrome or Firefox which you will need to open your meeting link.
Once your booking is confirmed, you will be emailed a link to access your meeting at the appointed time. If you have any problems setting up your computer we have technical experts on hand to give you step by step advice before your consultation commences. We strongly advise all clients to test their equipment prior to the consultation and you are welcome to contact our support team for assistance with this. We cannot be held responsible for the failure of equipment locally due to lack of preparation and we are unable to return deposits in these circumstances. However, in certain situations due to technical failures beyond anyone’s control, the appointment can be re-scheduled or continued by telephone at no extra cost.
We make voice recordings of all consultations. These recordings are placed in your medical record and therefore saves time for the psychiatrist as they do not have to make so many contemporaneous notes. If you would like to listen again to your consultation, we will provide you with a copy of the recording.
If you do not want us to keep a recording of the consultation, you can ask your psychiatrist to delete it at the end of the consultation and, unless he or she believes that there is an important reason not to do so, it will then be deleted.