GMC Number: 6080490
Consultant psychiatrist for older adults with special interest in General Adult Psychiatry
I have worked in mental health services of United Kingdom for last 15 years. I completed my postgraduate training from United Kingdom and currently work as a Consultant Psychiatrist for older adults in North East England region. During my career, I have worked as a consultant psychiatrist within old age psychiatry, general adult psychiatry, Rehabilitation and Liaison psychiatry services.
I am passionate about research and teaching. My research projects involved studying gender differences in health problems of older people and the role of cardiovascular factors in Dementia. I can communicate in different languages like English, Urdu, Punjabi and Saraiki.
I am expert in treatment of following areas:
- Dementia and range of memory disorders.
- Depression including treatment-resistant depression associated with physical health complications.
- Anxiety associated with depression, psychosocial stresses and physical health problems like stroke and heart problems etc
- Schizophrenia, psychosis and delusional disorders.
- Challenging behaviour associated with Dementia and memory disorders.
- Mental disorders associated with physical health conditions or manifesting in the form of physical health symptoms like chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia and chronic pain.